Sorry for the muddled state of some of the older posts. Mist is slaving away to reformat them ASAP ; ).

8/9/08

The Scarlet Letters ( Ratings Defined)

 If I had to describe this book in one word; it would be "Impressive". Though I may have a quibble or two, consider my socks rocked. Well played Author, Well played. (5 out of 5 stars)





 A solid good read. It  hit the spot like a tall drink on a hot summer's day. (4 out of 5 stars)




 I thoroughly enjoyed myself. This read has most of the right elements, yet  lacks a little somethin' somethin' to truly rise above the pack. A fun ride, but doesn't quite scream "Oh Hells Yes!  READ-GASM!". (3 out of 5 stars)




Had it's moments but aspects of its execution were WEAK. It was just "ok", but fine for a fluffy, generic read and has more of a library rental/swap quality rather than a keeper for my personal bookshelf. (2 out of five stars)





 I came, I saw, I read and was not amused. Only discipline and willpower kept me from shaving my head and running naked for the hills. I finished this book just to prove to myself the feat was possible and to talk smack. (1 out of 5 stars)

3 comments:

Anonymous,  Saturday, January 03, 2009 1:44:00 AM  

I really like the way you ladies have personalized your ratings. I noticed you guys didn’t have them for the longest. Guess you guys were trying to get it right.

Many times review blogs use:

- Letter grades, but don't bother to define how they qualify.

- An in depth rating system but only use the good ones. Because they're too friendly with authors/too busy ARC whoring to give a unbiased review when a book sucks. Won’t name names

- A overly complicated yet artsy system that is neither beast nor fowl. I mean c'mon "8 1/2 chili peppers" wtf? or " 4 out of 5 thongs" sorry but that’s just nasty = /

I'm a religious lurker and leaving comments isn't my nature. But I just had to say, I think you 3 are the best fucking thing since sliced bread. Definitely one of the rising book blog stars to watch.

Mistress Saturday, May 02, 2009 5:40:00 PM  

Wow Thank you, Anon. We're beyond flattered. We'll do out best to stay on your good side, and feel free to check us should we veer into dangerous ARc whoring or too "Nice" territory. lol

Dream Sunday, May 03, 2009 2:42:00 AM  

Thanks for the kind words A, you've made this Scarlet girl's day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kick Ass Romance Blogs

AUTHOR & INDUSTRY BLOGS THAT DON'T SUCK

Kick Ass Fantasy Blogs

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP