Sorry for the muddled state of some of the older posts. Mist is slaving away to reformat them ASAP ; ).

7/21/09

Whatchamacallit

Calling all romance novel readers: I need help remembering the author and title of a book but I only remember the very beginning and the end. The end stuck with me over the years because the conclusion of the chapter made it seem like the heroine died. I remember thinking, no way.....she can't be dead! I think that was my first shock at a possible non-HEA book. I remember the beginning had the hero losing his first wife during childbirth and due to that initial loss he was afraid of his second wife getting pregnant. Of course she eventually did get pregnant and when she went into labor he stayed in the room with her. I remember the midwife had a fit about this, telling him it wasn't proper for a man to be there but he fought her on it and was allowed to stay with his wife. I remember there was a lot of blood loss after the baby was delivered and at one point the hero cried over his wife's unmoving body. She appeared to be dead but in the final chapter (possibly the epilogue) it was revealed that she was still alive. I read this book years ago when I first started reading romance and back then the main authors I read were Julie Garwood and Kathleen Woodiwiss. I am 99.999999% sure it's not a JG book so is it possibly a KW book? I'm not sure why this book popped back in to my mind recently but it won't go away til I figure out its name. ;)

3 comments:

Alaine Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:10:00 AM  

The story sounds very familiar to me too. I don't think it's KW. Have you read any of Jude Deveraux or Johanna Lindsey's earlier works? Good luck and let us know if you find it!

Dream Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:43:00 PM  

I know I've read a couple of Jude's in the past 10 years but I may have read some others of hers or JL way back when. I'll take a look at their backlists first. Thanks! :)

Dream Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:34:00 PM  

No luck with JL or JD books. My search continues.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Kick Ass Romance Blogs

AUTHOR & INDUSTRY BLOGS THAT DON'T SUCK

Kick Ass Fantasy Blogs

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP